Experienced. Helpful. Dedicated. Committed.

Your Child’s Needs Should Come First

Raising a child is incredibly expensive, especially as a single parent. When a child’s noncustodial parent does not pay child support regularly, it can be even more difficult.

If this is the situation that you are in, I am here for you. I am attorney Susan Moch. At my firm, I help parents throughout Fairfield County who have an issue regarding child support.

How Do Courts Determine Child Support?

The Connecticut Child Support Guidelines establish child support based upon the combined net weekly income of parents who are not married. Child support is payable until a child reaches age 18 or, if still enrolled in high school, until age 19. Each party is required to contribute to the cost of unreimbursed medical and dental expenses as well as work-related child care expenses.

Other factors may enter consideration in determining child support, such as:

  • Special needs of a child
  • Extracurricular activities
  • Religious education
  • Educational expenses
  • Supplementary expenses

When a child is ready to go to college, there is a statute that allows the court to enter orders requiring either or both parents to contribute to their child’s college education. Child support and spousal support can be paid separately or together as an “unallocated” order.

Seeking The Maximum Amount Of Support

In each case, I sit down with my clients one-on-one. I strive to maximize the financial support available for you, taking into account your individual needs. Together, you and I can advocate for your child’s best interests and seek the support order that they deserve.

Reach Out To Discuss Your Child’s Needs

Whether you are the custodial or noncustodial parent, I am available to help at the Law Office of Susan A. Moch. Schedule your initial consultation where you can ask me about child support. Call my Westport office at 203-424-0950 or use my online contact form.