Experienced. Helpful. Dedicated. Committed.

Dedicated To Helping You Through A Divorce

It is never easy to go through a divorce. At the Law Office of Susan A. Moch, I understand this. Whether you have an amicable or tense relationship with your spouse, I work to make the divorce process as stress-free as possible. With more than 45 years of legal experience in Fairfield County, I advocate for your rights assertively while guiding you through the process step by step.

Ending A Marriage: What To Know

There are several ways to legally end a marriage in Connecticut. These are divorce (dissolution of marriage), annulment and legal separation. Of these three ways, divorce is the most common. As part of divorce proceedings, parties:

  • Divide their property, and set alimony and/or child custody orders
  • Decide custody and parenting schedules for minor children
  • Set educational support orders (if applicable)
  • Determine who will be responsible for costs such as health or life insurance

Divorce often takes around fourth months to be finalized, but it can take more or less time depending on your situation. While that can seem like a long time, that only refers to the divorce being completed. In the weeks after a divorce action is filed, the parties put together their financial information, negotiate with each other and can get temporary orders for support.

How I Can Assist You

Working with an attorney who understands local and state family law can make your divorce much smoother and faster. I take the initiative to ensure that you complete the administrative process correctly to avoid mistakes. In negotiations or litigation, I protect your best interests aggressively. And, finally, I make sure to provide a compassionate listening ear for any and all concerns you have.

Seek My Legal Help For Your Divorce

You do not have to go through the daunting process of divorce on your own. Reach out to me at my Westport office to discuss representation. To schedule a free, no obligation 30-minute telephone consultation, call 203-424-0950 or send an email.